Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Trust The Process

Today has been a very humbling day. I had a doctor’s appointment. As you all know, the first thing you have to do is step on the scale. I almost cancelled my appointment because I did not want to step on that scale.

I have been so frustrated with myself and the way I have been working my program. I keep telling myself I can do a better job.
Well, I’m down two pounds. My blood pressure is the lowest it’s been in four years. My other labs were in the normal range. Of course this COE was not happy because she wanted “better” results on that scale.

My doctor had real talk with me. She is very pleased and pointed out that I am the healthiest I’ve been in four years. She reminded me of how far I’ve come. It turns out, however, that my thyroid is out of whack again and it could be the culprit. My number is twice what it should be. So, we are doing some adjustment with my medication.

Bottom line, I need to constantly remind myself to trust the process and learn acceptance. All I can do is follow my food and exercise plans and leave the rest to my HP. I continue to pray that I will be ready to have my HP remove all my defects of character, especially perfectionism. I also need to adjust my attitude and just be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment