Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Friday, October 28, 2011

The How and Why of It

.…but we invariably find that at some time in the past we have made decisions based on self which later placed us in a position to be hurt.

~AABB, page 62

When I read this passage a few weeks ago, it hit me like a ton of bricks. It’s a very sobering and humbling experience to realize that I had a hand in the pain I perceive others inflicting on me. However, I can see it clear as water. As tough as this is to swallow, I am very grateful for this awareness because it is helping me to cope.

This has been a pretty rough week for me emotionally and spiritually. I go from anger to sadness and from sadness to anger. In between those moments, I experience such peace of mind and acceptance. Despite the pain I have inflicted on myself, I shall live and not die!

No comments:

Post a Comment