Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Out of the Closet


Today I completed a great task. I went through my closet and removed all the clothes that no longer fit. I hauled three large garbage bags to Goodwill. There were moments of sadness this evening. Those clothes were symbolic of a different time and space in my life. Out with the old and in with the new.

I saw my spiritual counselor yesterday. He commented that I looked happy. I don’t know about feeling happy but I do feel at peace with many things in my life right now. Getting rid of those clothes was part of my letting go process.

Although I experienced some sadness, there is a great sense of relief and freedom right now. I’m allowing room for more good/God in my life. I stood back and looked at my closet all neat and organized. I now realize I need to incorporate more color in my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment