Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Self-Will

One of the most valuable lessons I am learning is about how I have allowed self-will to run riot in my life.

So very grateful for the message/reminder I received today. I love this so much that I am going to copy and paste it here as well as print a copy:

Recovery Meditations ~ Self-Will ~ One Day at a Time ~ November 10, 2011
:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

RECOVERY MEDITATIONS
One Day at a Time
November 10, 2011

~ SELF-WILL ~

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

Our whole trouble has been the misuse of
willpower. We had tried to bombard our
problems with it instead of attempting
to bring it into agreement with God's
intention for us.

The AA Twelve and Twelve

:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:

I want the answers to all my questions
and the solutions to all of my problems
RIGHT NOW. Furthermore, I want to tell
my Higher Power what I want those
answers and solutions to be. I think I
know what's best for me and what will
bring long-lasting peace and serenity to
my life.

My self-will has gotten me hurt and
possibly caused me to hurt others. It
has convinced me I could do things my
way and everything would be just
fine. My self-will has helped me lie to
myself about my disease of compulsive
overeating, anorexia, or bulimia; it has
convinced me that darkness was light and
that I should have what I want exactly
when I want it.

How grateful I am that my Higher Power
loves me enough to not take my advice!
How grateful I am that, after I've
plunged head-first into the same wall at
least one hundred times as I tried to
force my own answers and solutions, my
Higher Power is waiting patiently to
bless me by leading me where He would
have me go. How grateful I am that I
don't have to run into the wall of my
self-will as often or as hard as I once
did. One day, maybe I won't run into it
at all.

ONE DAY AT A TIME . . .

I can let go of self-will and remember
that the Third Step says we "made a
decision to turn our will and our lives
over the the care of God as we
understood Him." The care of God ... God
can take better care of me than I can of
myself.

~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~:. .:~*~
http://www.therecoverygroup.org/meditations/november.html
http://www.therecoverygroup.org/meditations/selfwill.html

No comments:

Post a Comment