Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Rhythm of Life

The past couple of days have been very challenging. I’m finding it very hard to stay present. The good part is that I remind myself that my thoughts have no power and that I do not have to act them. The hurt and sadness will eventually pass; turning to food will not solve the issue. In fact, nothing will “solve” the issue because I have no control over it. I am powerless over people, places, and things. This thought frustrates me sooooo much but I must accept it if I want serenity.

“When life as it really is becomes a fact that I accept as naturally as I breathe, events lose their power to throw me off balance or disturb the basic rhythm of life.” I’m not sure where I found this quote or who said it but its meaning rings so true for me today. This, too, shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment