Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Monday, May 7, 2012

For Today

I'm starting to get anxious about my trip home. I have three nieces graduating. So, there's going to be a lot of partying and food. Plus, I'll be out of my routine, etc. I'll do my best. I'm thinking I better find some meetings to attend while I'm there. My sisters and brother are starting to call about all the arrangements. Plus, I have friends and family members who want to spend time with me. I know I should feel flattered but it’s triggering a lot of anxiety. I want to please everyone. I’ll do my best. Last night I also remembered that I have an opportunity to do some amends while I in town. This is probably contributing to the anxiety too. I had a dream last night about my trip and being pulled in so many directions. People were upset with me and there was anything I could do about it. My trip isn’t until June 1. I’m just reminding myself that all I have to do is live and work my program for today, May 7. I understand people need to make their plans and they need to make sure parties and get-togethers aren’t overlapping. The girls each want to have their own party. So, I’ll do my best to spend time with as many people as I can but the bottom line is that I have to take care of me. Self-care and working my program are top priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment