Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Self-Will vs. God's Will

Yesterday was a rocky day for me. For whatever reason, I wanted fries and a Coke Zero for lunch. What a combination! I had this thought stuck in my mind most of the morning. So what do I do? I get in my car and head to the nearest fast food restaurant – Wendy’s. I get about a block away, turn around, go back home, and eat the salad I had planned for lunch. Whew! Good job choosing God’s will over my own self-will. Sadly, this is not the end of the story. I go to the gym, have a great workout, drink my protein shake, and the craving starts up again. How insane is it that I want to eat fries after working out? No way! I’m driving so I pick up my phone to commit to my sponsor that I will eat my planned dinner. Surprisingly, she picks up. We had a nice chat and I make it home without stopping. I am so very grateful for the willingness to work my program. I usually feel really stupid and weak when I call my sponsor like that. But, hey, it works! The truth is that I am not stupid and weak. That is my ego talking to me and I don’t need to listen to my ego. My spirit and my HP are reminding me that I am a compulsive overeater and powerless over food. I am grateful I heard that message loud and clear. Thank you, Spirit, for another abstinent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment