Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!



Hello!  My name is Sheila and I am a compulsive overeater.

There are a marathon of meetings, in all sorts of venues, going on today.  I attended a face to face meeting this morning and plan to attend an online meeting tonight.  This will be my way of expressing gratitude and giving service to a program that is changing my life.  Let me start by saying I have only been in OA since August.  However, I was expecting there to be a lot of people at the meeting this morning.  It was me and the leader.  I am very grateful I attended.

First of all, on my way to the meeting, I tried to talk myself out of going.  I kept thinking...is this really necessary?  I usually attend a Saturday face to face meeting.  Afterall, I feel very calm about sharing Thanksgiving meal at my friend's house.  Then, as I was driving, I saw people walking, cycling, and jogging.  I thought to myself...they're taking care of self.  Going to a meeting is taking care of yourself, Sheila.  Anyhow, I'm glad I attended. 

We had a short meeting of shares and then we just sat and chatted about the program.  I'm working on Step Seven so she had her experience, strength, and hope about taking Step Seven with me. 

Today is Day 55 of abstinence for me.  I am praying and thanking Spirit in advance that I, and my OA fellows, will remain abstinent throughout this day of Thanksgiving. 

Yours in Recovery~

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment