Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rude Awakenings to Spiritual Awakenings




There are so many things that happened to me last year that shook me to my core and caused me to question everything. I had no idea who I had been living with for the past 11 years. Well, looking back on it, I probably did but I was in denial about it. As I say, the cloudiness of food didn’t allow me to see much back then.

Anyhow, through it all, I have gained so much more than I thought I was losing. Even all the “wonderful” foods I thought I was being asked to give up cannot compare with the wonderful fellowship I have found in OA. My relationship with myself, others, and Spirit is growing each day.
I am not sure I’d be where I am today without those rude awakenings of last year.

I am very grateful to God for my spiritual awakening and pray I never go back to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment