Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sponsorship


Today I became a sponsor. I am very happy for the opportunity to be of service to someone else. Today as I was praying for guidance, I realized that it is not a coincidence that the day after I end therapy, I become a sponsor. One of the last things my therapist said to me was to keep working in OA so I could help others. Well, I guess she was right.

As I was preparing Step One materials for my sponsee, I realized how I am also going to benefit from going through the steps with her. Today, I read the Step One prayer I used to say every day when I was working on Step One. It’s been a while since I said this prayer. I also reread OA 12 + 12; I receive something new from it each time I read it. I also started reading the Doctor’s Opinion in the AA Big Book.

My sponsor always says to me that I help her just as much as she helps me. Truthfully, I sometime think it’s just some B.S. line she says just so I won’t feel bad about reaching out to her. Now, I know what she means. It’s only been day one and I see how my recovery is going to take on another dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment