Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

No Magic Pill -- Part Two



Sometime ago a coworker asked me how I lost weight. She seemed disappointed when I told her it was due to OA and exercise. I remember walking away thinking, sorry, there’s no magic pill. Well, I saw her today and she looks great! She’s probably lost about 50 pounds! I didn’t recognize her when she walked into the conference room. I have to admit part of me was so jealous. I thought, whatever she did, I want to do it!

I thought about it during my drive home. Then it occurred to me. We’ve been working together for 11 years and I’ve seen her go up and down. I remember that she’s been this size before. It’s none of my business how she got to that size. All I know is that I need to stay on my path. While she may have found a magic pill, there’s no magic pill for me. My problem goes beyond the food and weight so I need to stay the course of working the steps and following my food plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment