Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Recovery Update

Recovery is going pretty well these days. I have been working on releasing resentment and staying present. It’s been a slow, painful process but it has also been rewarding. It’s extremely difficult to come to terms with the fact that someone you loved with all your heart and soul could dismiss you like trash. Then, on top of all that, I learn about betrayal. I feel so stupid. When it’s all said and done, I am VERY grateful. My prayers were answered. I always wanted to know her better. I cannot be upset that what I learned wasn’t what I was expecting. It’s all about acceptance.

This experience has brought my capacity to love to a new level. Not only did learn some things I may not have wanted to learn about her, I also learned many things I didn't want to learn about myself. There’s no way anyone could have told me I had this much patience or self-control. I cannot believe I was able to keep my ego in check. However, I have to remind myself I am dealing with dis-ease. I can only do my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment