Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bald Barbie



I shaved my head last Saturday. It was the most liberating thing I’ve done in a while. I am going through a grieving period about my locs. I loved my locs. However, I have to be realistic. My hair has not been healthy for quite some time. No matter what shampoo, conditioner, etc. I used my hair was still breaking; looking dull and brittle. Plus, those bald spots were getting larger.

I’m getting used to my new look. Today a friend took me to the M.A.C. counter at Macy’s. I haven’t worn makeup in over 20 years! I kind of had fun trying on makeup. I purchased an eyebrow pencil and some sheer lipstick. I guess this will be part of my new everyday look. I am learning to go with the flow and taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment