Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Step 10 and Other Stuff

Having trouble sleeping so I decided to get up and catch up on the blogs that I follow.

My program is going well. I need to work on fine tuning my food plan. I have a tendency to get the same foods over and over again because they're safe and I do not have to do much thinking about my meal. However, then I get myself in a jam. While I know food is not supposed to be entertaining, I then get bored with what I'm eating which prompts the urges to binge. At least I'm aware of this. It's half the battle. The other half is doing something about it.

Anyhow, I started this entry to write about Step 10. I've been asked to speak at the end of the month. Not sure what I'm going to say. I guess I'll begin by praying for the wisdom to know what to say and how to say it. I'm very grateful for the opportunity to be of service.

Since this is turning into a hodge podge entry, I'll also mention that I'm not weighing at all this month. This has been tough. I usually weigh weekly, sometimes when I'm anxious, I jump on the scale daily, often, multiple times a day. Anyhow, I decided to release the scale this month and focus on working my program. It hasn't been easy. I'm so tempted to take a peek. However, I want to stop allowing that number to dictate how I feel about myself and the way I'm working my program. I see this as a greater commitment to work Step 3.

Top on my list is to be free from compulsive overeating. I want the promises. I'm getting the promises. Today I felt so free. I know part of it has to do with my meditation practice. I'm gaining so much insight and awareness about myself and my relationship to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment