Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Anger, Resentment, and Acceptance

Dealing with some anger and resentment this week.  Working on acceptance.  I found out my ex may be attending a brunch I was invited to attend.  I can't believe how much anger flooded into my spirit, anger and resentment I thought I had let go of.  This is the most frustrating part.  I'm more angry with myself than I am over the situation.

I wish I was emotionally mature enough to handle taking the risk of running into her but I'm not.  There's still a lot of pain and unresolved issues as far as that's concerned.  I thought I had accepted that I had accepted it.  I thought I had worked on getting closure.  Looks like there's still more work to be done.

This is why I'm angry with myself.  I wish I could move on like others.  My sponsor just says I need to accept where I am right now.  I just know I still feel justified in holding onto this anger.  However, it doesn't matter.  She's sick.  So what! So am I.

I just wish she hadn't been so cold and heartless, especially about not returning my mother's things.  This is what troubles me so.  I know they're long gone.  I just don't understand how she could be so cruel. 

Anyhow, there's a part of me that wants to show up just to confront her...but I won't.  It is funny to be on this side knowing what I now know. It's really fascinating to watch someone who has no clue I really know what's up with her.

The bottom line is how she chooses to live her life is none of my business.  I just need to continue doing my best to keep my side of the street clean.  I am very grateful to God for helping me do this.

I'm abstinent.  I've started jogging.  I also signed up for swim lessons.  I'm excited and scared.  All I can do is continuing working on myself and leave the rest of that stuff to Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment