Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Facings Fears

Things have been going okay for me.  My food is good.  I'm taking the time to measure my food and complete my food diary.  I had to put my scale away.  It's made me very anxious.  I was so tempted to take it out yesterday but I know I need to leave it alone.  I can't get caught up on that number.  I'm afraid I'll gain weight but I'm also afraid I haven't lost any weight.  Not losing puts me in a whole space of "why bother!" and I can't go there.

I also started my Couch to 5K training.  I'm so afraid of not completing it.  This is my third try but I'm determined to stay healthy and injury-free.  I was planning to start today but an OA friend came along with me two Saturdays ago.  If it wasn't for her, I'd probably still be procrastinating.  Instead, I started Week Two yesterday.

Today I signed up for ---drum roll---swim lessons! I'm scared and excited.  I've been thinking about taking swimming lessons for about three years now.  My first class is July 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment