Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Why me?

Another rough day! All I could think about today was filling my mouth with some fruit candy.  First, my washing machine overload and flooded the place.  My carpet was soaking wet!  Then, I took the afternoon off only to have my appointment rescheduled for next week.

Woe is me! I spent some time feeling sorry for myself and then sprung into action.  I also went on Netflix and queued up a bunch of running documentaries to watch.  Thinking about my running brings me so much joy.  Thinking about how far I've come in my abstinence brings me joy. 

Focusing on things I cannot change would only drive me into the misery of junk food and a slow, fat, lethargic body. I'm sooooo done with that.  I do see how easy it is to slip into a food funk.  I am so grateful to God I have a responsive sponsor and a strong program.  Today I can end my day in abstinence despite today's mishaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment