Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Phenomenon of Craving

Today I read “The Doctor’s Opinion” in the AABB. I’ve read it a couple of times but today the phrase “phenomenon of craving” jumped out at me. As the good doctor described, after just one drink, this phenomenon of craving begins in the alcoholic. He or she cannot stop with just one drink. As a compulsive overeater, I can definitely relate to this type of craving. Yes, there are certain food items, no doubt, that if I had just one bite, I would not be able to stop eating. This is what differentiates the way I eat certain food items from the normal eater. For today, I am reminded that I am a compulsive overeater. I have a dis-ease, an addiction to certain foods, and, as “The Doctor’s Opinion” reminds me, the only relief we have to suggest is entire abstinence. AABB, Fourth Edition, xxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment