Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Past is A Present


I cannot regret my past for it allowed me to endure to the present. ~ For Today, p. 346

Hello!  My name is Sheila and I am a compulsive overeater.  I think about this all the time.  I was under the illusion that compulsive overeating helped me be a more productive and efficient person.  Right now I have a pile of papers to grade.  If I were still in the food, they would be done by now.  There’s no doubt about. I could distract my thoughts and emotions so I could get my work done.  However, the work would be done and the problems would be here.

Now, I pray and meditate to calm my mind.  I ask my HP to help me. There are other times I reach out to my sponsor or others. Online meetings are a tremendous help. There are still other times I just need to deal with whatever is going on and stop resisting or ignoring it.

Being in OA is providing me with a new way of being.  I have met some wonderful people and my life is becoming more manageable.  If it were not for my past, I would not have the wonderful gifts of today.

Thanks for listening,

Sheila


No comments:

Post a Comment