Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nine Months!

Wow! I've never been pregnant but I guess this is what it feels like to take care of a baby growing inside you. I must admit I'm not sure if I've done a very good job.

The last couple of days have been really rough.

More friction with my sponsor. She sent me a scathing email. While she admits that it's her CD that cause her to react the way she does, I admit that I'm a bit impatient with it. I have my own CD's so I cannot judge, even this is exactly what I find myself doing.


I was reading about insight meditation yesterday and there was a discussion about how the middle way. It's basically the path of moderation. This is where I want to be in my recovery. Not so rigid in my program that I am not enjoying life and not so slack that I am in relapse.

However, I need to be sure it is not just my dis-eased way of thinking. The test for me is my willingness. Am I willing to do whatever it takes? The answer is yes. However, I am willing to do whatever it takes for me. This is where judgement rears its ugly head. If I have been willing to do something my sponsor has asked of me, it doesn't mean it necessarily has to work for me. I also feel I have a right to stop doing it -- as long as it is in keeping with the principles and traditions of OA. After all, there is the saying: take what you need and save the rest for later.

So there you have it.

Today I pray for peace and abstinent for all my OA fellows. I am grateful to all who have helped me to make it to this milestone, especially my sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment