Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Friday, July 1, 2011

Insanity!


5. How have I not acted sanely when:

c. I was more comfortable with food than with people?

I could probably write an entire book considering this question. Isolation was/is huge for me! I could say I’ve had a love affair with food. I enjoyed planning and cooking meals. I enjoy the meal preparation much more than enjoying the meal with others or the actual entertaining.
I don’t like eating in a large crowd of people. In fact, I prefer eating alone. I enjoy my food much better when I eat alone. For the most part, I have always been this way. As a child, I wanted to eat my meals before or after my family. When I was a teenager, I would often eat alone in my room.

d. I limited my social life?

As I’ve shared before, I have been hesitant to go I when and if I didn’t feel I would have control over when and where I would be eating my meals. At times, I would rather sit home alone and enjoy my trigger foods than go out with friends. I can remember turning down invitations because I was planning a binge.

e. I drew the drapes, disconnected the telephone, and hid in the house?

There was a short time in my life when I did this. Looking back, I thought a lot of it had to do with the fact that I was mourning. I quit my job. I had a terrible Internet addiction at the time. I remember one time my friend came over to check on me because she hadn’t heard from me and I wasn’t returning her calls. I had been engaged in a weekend binge and chat room marathon. I remember I wouldn’t let her in because there were potato chip, pizza, and Haagen Das containers that I did not want her to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment