Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

21-Day Meditation Challenge - Day Two

I noticed resistance and uneasiness during this meditation. I am not at peace with the ego. I’ve spent a great deal of time trying to reject the ego. I view it as the enemy. However, I like the idea of treating the ego with love and kindness. I am also very grateful for the awareness that I am at one with the Universe. There is no separation.

I am not defined by the things I own or don’t own. At first I was confused with the direction of the meditation. What does the ego and materialism have to do with health consciousness? Then, it dawned on me. It has everything to do with health and well-being. Our suffering begins in the mind and manifests in the body due to the ego and all its attachments. Things only have the meaning I give them. It is liberating!

How can I use this in my recovery? No attachment means less stress. Less stress means I will not be looking for relief through food.

No comments:

Post a Comment