Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Monday, February 20, 2012

21-Day Meditation Challenge



Today is the first day of the Chopra 21-Day Meditation Challenge. I will be blogging about my experience here. My intention in participating is to bring more awareness into my life and live in the present momemt.

Today's meditation was all about the mind-body connection. What we manifest in the mind, also manifests in the boday. We have the capacity to transform. This is a very powerful thought for me in terms of my compulsive overeating. Those thoughts and cravings I experience do not have to manifest themselves in my body. I do not have to act on those thoughts. Through meditation I can calm those thoughts.

The best thing I've learned through meditation is simply being aware of my thoughts. Being aware doesn't mean I have to act on any of my thoughts. Lately, I've been working on that pause between thought and action.

Anyhow, today's meditation reminds me that the key to my healthy body weight lies in my mind.

Today we did the So Hum meditation. I commit to repeating this mantra throughout the day to quiet the mind and relax the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment