Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Monday, September 26, 2011

360 Days: One Moment at a Time!

So, I hear the alarm on my Blackberry, I think maybe I forget someone’s birthday or that I have an appointment or meeting today. I cannot believe it! I have been abstinent for 360 days! I don’t count the days any longer. I mark off every ten days just to keep track.

I am overwhelmed with excited when I think that I have not had a box of Crunch and Munch, a slice of cake, a cookie, a cupcake, ice cream, cheesecake, candy, or a bag of potato chips in 360 days. There’s no way! It is an absolute miracle! I don’t even have cravings for them any longer and I don’t feel deprived. Another miracle!

I looked in the mirror this morning and I kind of didn’t recognize myself. It’s a weird and wonderful feeling. I have a doctor’s appointment next week and I cannot wait to get my test results. Today, I am very grateful for today. Despite all my abstinent days, I know I still need to take my recovery one moment at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment