Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Thursday, September 22, 2011

"I Shall Live and Not Die"

This is the title of a gospel song I really like. I’ve been listening to it a lot because it’s all about overcoming challenges. It’s been a challenging couple of weeks. I am so grateful and I am maintaining my abstinence. I don’t need sweets or junk food to comfort me. I’ve been managing my stress with exercise and prayer.

While I’m doing well in the food area, the spirituality area is still lacking. I am trying to judge or build resentment. However, I must admit I don’t think I’m doing a good job.

Right now, there is someone who I feel is the most greedy, materialistic, lying, selfish person I have ever met. It’s funny because there’s the saying that what you see in another person is what you see in yourself. If this is true, I’m in big trouble because this person is extremely sick.

Anyhow, it’s not about her. I’m all about learning my lesson. I’m doing what I can to keep my side of the street clean. It just sucks that sometimes being honest and trying to be a person of integrity means being treated unjustly. But, hey, I’m going to do my best to accept life on life’s term and leave the rest to God and Karma.

On a positive note, my social life has been booming. In fact, as soon as I told my friend I was going to stay home and rest this weekend, someone sent me an email saying she was going to be in town and wanted to get together.

I’m one of those people who enjoys quiet time alone. I’m so looking forward to the retreat next weekend and then I’m going on vacation. I come home for two weeks and then I’m off again. In the words of Langston Hughes: Life is fine! Fine as Wine! Life is fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment