Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Let it Be!

It's not a matter of letting go—you would if you could. Instead of "Let it go," we should probably say "Let it be." ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn




Yesterday it became very apparent that it is time to release yet a few more people from my social circle. I was upset with this person for mentioning my ex. I was upset with myself for being upset about the mention of my ex. It’s been over three years. It doesn’t matter where I want to be. I must accept where I am. I’m done judging myself about it. It is what it is.


This morning I’m in a good space about it. I’m a little worried about what is going to be said when and if they figure it out. I can’t worry about that. I have to take care of me. I have spent more than enough time considering the feelings of others over my own. While I do not think there was anything wrong with that, now I’m at a space in my live where I need to treat myself with more love and compassion.
While there are some things I realize I have to just learn to deal with, this annoyance is optional and the best thing to do is just get rid of it. It’s not fair to others or myself to expect things to be a certain way.


So, this morning, with love and compassion for all concerned, I release and let it be.
Resentment, bitterness, anger, and any other unnecessary negative emotion is detrimental to my recovery. For today, I am willing and committed to loving and taking care of myself.


I just listened to a great podcast that offered me a great reminder about ego, attachment, and suffering. This is exactly what I needed to hear today. My reaction to things is merely a barometer of the size of my ego. All I want to do is stop the cycle of suffering! The lesson is to continue paying attention to my triggers and taking the next right action.

No comments:

Post a Comment