Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Action Plan

Happy New Year! Today I made a second attempt at my new eating out action plan. I’m happy to say I was able to eat half of my meal and put the other half in a to-go box. I also ordered a side salad. It was actually harder than I thought it would be. In fact, I’m really having a hard time right now. I want to go into the kitchen and eat the other half! Instead, I decided I would do some writing … maybe I’ll uncover something. It’s not like I’m still hungry. I'm fine. I think there’s something about eating out that triggers the compulsive overeater in me. Let's face it, I like to eat out. I prefer eating out to eating at home. It’s taken me a while, a long while, to get used to having most of my meals at home. So I think just the idea of restaurant food triggers something in me. As I was driving home, I thought about how great I felt considering I didn’t my entire meal. This was proof positive that I can be okay with eating less food than I am currently consuming. Plus, it’s almost a given that most restaurant portions are enough for two or three people. So, even though I’m still obsessing about that to-go box sitting in my kitchen, I am very grateful to God and my sponsor for all the help I have in maintaining my abstinence. As I begin the new year, I have set the intention that I would like to end the year at my healthy weight. There's no way I will reach that go if I choose my self-will and go in the kitchen and touch that box! If it's going to be that big of a deal, I'm just going to have to put it in the trash!

No comments:

Post a Comment