Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Saturday, January 29, 2011

120 Days!

With the grace of God, my sponsor, the steps, and my OA friends, I have been abstinent for 120 days!  I am so grateful for my abstinence.  I cannot express how good it feels to be in this space right now.  In addition, I am at the lowest weight I've been in five years.  This morning I weighed in at 236 pounds.  Even though OA is not a weight loss program, this is one of its many blessings. 

I'm not going to fool myself.  I must continue to stay the course, do the footwork, and take it one day at a time.  Abstinence is the most important thing in my life.  I will do what it takes to maintain it and treat it with respect.  I am a compulsive overeater.  I will always be a compulsive overeater.  I am powerless over food.

No comments:

Post a Comment