Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Celebrate Recovery!

Hello!  My name is Sheila and I am a compulsive overeater.

Before I post my response to an OA workbook question, I wanted to blog for a bit about my recovery.  I've spent the past couple of days looking at my past.  I felt myself getting down in the dumps so this morning I had to remind myself about what I have accomplished.

Today I have been abstinent 114 days!  I also started daily exercise.  I'm on Day 23.  My goal is to exercise every day this year.  I recently set a personal record.  I can now do 45 minutes of cardio.  Yesterday when I was at the gym, I remember when I could barely do 5 minutes of cardio.  This is when I started thinking about how I need to be more diligent about positive self talk. 

Anyhow, working through the Workbook is definitely bringing up a lot of emotions for me.  I'm so used to running away from my emotions.  I am proud of myself for having the courage to look at myself and change.

The other day someone at a meeting said he felt going through the steps while still compulsive overeating was a waste of time.  Now, I don't know about that but I do know that it would be much more difficult for me to go through these questions if I wasn't abstinent. 

I have so much clarity on mind, body, and spirit right now.  My life is much more peaceful.  I am filled with so much gratitude these day.  So far, I've released 70 pounds.  Thank you, recovery!



No comments:

Post a Comment