Freedom from Compulsive Overeating

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Self-Destruction



When I look at complete honesty at my life, there is no way I could have been honest with myself and continued eating until I weighed over 300 pounds.  A few weeks ago my sponsor shared the following definition of denial with me - Don't Even kNow I ALying.

There's no way a person who eats cake, cookies, and cupcakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner can be healthy.  There's no way a person who can barely walk up a flight of stairs should be treating herself to a family size boxes of Crunch and Munch.  There's no way a type 2 Diabetic should be up at 2 in the morning baking chocolate chip cookies while eating potato chips.

This is called self destruction.  This is the extremely irrational behavior of a compulsive overeater.

No comments:

Post a Comment